Skip to main content

Change Your Words

It's not about the numbers. It's about the words, the words we use to inhibit, to control, to inspire, and to empower ourselves. I changed my diet and that changed my body. I changed my vocabulary and that changed my life. And, as the days go by, I concern myself less with the numbers on the scale and more so with the words that are in my head. I no longer say that I'm overweight or unattractive or invisible. I choose to be as kind to myself as I try to be to others by saying that I am healthy or improved or just plain better. Because this journey that I'm on is not about weight; it never was. It's about worth and that can't be determined on a scale or through the eyes of others. Worth is inside of you. Change your words and find it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Hello! My name is Kim McCallie. I am a writer who is on a personal journey to lose weight and to gain worth. And, if I can inspire others along the way, all the better. You're invited to travel with me. 

Bringing Sexy Back

I feel like I spent the entire year of 2016 in recovery mode. I had suffered a severe kidney infection and kidney failure in December 2015. It took months to recover from the situation. In July of 2016, I pinched a nerve in my back that left me in excruciating pain through my shoulder and elbow. I was in physical therapy for over two months dealing with that issue. It seemed like I was falling apart and I was dreading what could come next. I was 47, overweight, and suffering from high blood pressure. I was more than a little depressed. So, by the end of that year, I knew that I needed to make a change. So, I did. I declared 2017 the year I brought sexy back. Sexy had a pretty long way to come... I started walking every morning and evening, just up and down my driveway. I logged step after step and mile after mile. I know I must have looked foolish to the cars that passed by on the busy highway. I was that crazy woman who walked all the time, usually talking to myself, and often da